Sunday, May 17, 2009

daddy's birthday

so it was davids birthday and i decided it was about time that i actually made a cake myself, with the girls help of cause! i had to go and buy every thing as i didnt even have tins or scales.... i know, im bad! but for those who know me that wont be much of a surprise!
i had my sister-in-law round who guided me through it and the girls decorated the cake. Emma kinda chucked every thing on and leah placed each bit on carefully after giving it a good lick!!

As you can see the girls were so excited and david had been banned from the kitchen so we could do our 'SURPRISE'


hmmmm......i swear it tasted better than it looked, i was impressed with my first real attempt. so now i have all this baking stuff i think i need to learn how to do stuff!!!.... one day maybe!





5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the best chocolate cake recipe EVER. I will email it to you in the next few days! It looks like you all had so much fun!

Sarah Coyne said...

Well done you! I can only bake things if they come out of a box. So I'm very impressed. Happy b-day David!

Mandy Jarvis said...

They usually do taste better than they look..especially when you actually start dishing it out!

shauntelle said...

don't worry i neve doubted you culinary skills, i always figure it's just a matter of desire, so david is jsut lucky that the desire sprang up sometime..i love you

james and tara said...

Your girls are so cute. Emma looks so much like David and Leah looks just like you. They are adorable. Miss you!