Sunday, September 21, 2008

starting school

well it finally came, emma started school and i had been dreading it all summer. i was so worried that i had made the wrong decission and that she was too young and would cry every day, well i was half right. She loved school but hated getting dressed in the morning which if you know emma this is eventful on a normal day but when you have to put a uniform on her well it was..... whats the word.....HELL.

my sister in law sarah stayed over so she could witness the first day of school as they are very close, sarah always likes to tell me that emma was surposed to be her child.... hmmmm dont think so. anyway with sarah there it was better than i thought but as you can see she wasnt very impressed with the uniform.





once we got to school she brightened up as soon as ahe saw her friend jack who just lives across the road from us. she went in with no problems and i could breath once again, but all day i couldnt stop thinking that my little girl is in school.
3 weeks in now and she is doing great, she still has issues with the uniform and she hates something different everyday, i have to learn to egnore the crying cos i think i am going to loose it one day. David never believes me that she is so hard in the morning because whan he is home she is as good as gold..... why do they always play up for mummy? but im so proud of my BIG little girl.

4 comments:

Our Loved-up Family said...

I can't believe she is old enough for school!! She looks really sweet in her little uniform, you did good:)

Mandy Jarvis said...

What grade is she in? Corbyn just started preschool... i think its been rougher on me!
And hey how's Ireland... Daniel's contract is up in December and we're searching anywhere for work... we're literally putting applications in EVERYWHERE! Let me know if you hear anything for a Business Consultant that is excellent with finances and accounting and speaks Japanese! Just throwing it out there... EVERYWHERE!
PS Your girls are gorgeous... I think I tell you that everytime I hope to someday meet them though!

Unknown said...

First off YIPEE A NEW BLOG FROM ALEX!!! Well done on you!! Second Emma looks adorable!! She is so funny. I always laugh when you tell me how into her clothes she is. You are in so much trouble when she gets older. She is going to cost you a fortune.... Lucky for you there are still a few years till the clothes start to get too expensive and she is asking for Tommy jeans and the latest DKNY top. xx

Sarah Coyne said...

Hooray! I'm glad to see you posting again. Emma is SOOOO cute!!! I just can't believe she is in school?!?!? Wasn't it just yesterday that her and Nathan were crawling around your flat, getting into everything??
I know exactly what you mean: my kids DEFINATELY play up for me. They are perfect for Paul and then I walk in the door and it's like "cue the whining, mommy's home!" You gotta love it!